Shipping cheese is a delicious and delicate business; because cheese is fragile and highly perishable it requires swift shipping and special attention. For all of our shipping, we use either UPS standard overnight, 2-day, or ground (for non-perishable items). Please read our shipping policy below, and if you have any further questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (718) 395-3080.
Addresses that are PO boxes OR incomplete will not be processed. Please make sure to fully fill out your address information so we can ship your yummy selections to you.
Note: Cheese Platters and Cheese Boards cannot be shipped, only courier delivery is available in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Processing Your Shipment
When we receive your order, we require 48 hours minimum to process and prepare your shipment, it will be shipped that second business day. Please review our matrix below for more detailed information regarding order fulfillment and capabilities.
Note: If you want to ship to multiple addresses, please complete each transaction separately. You can save your account information to avoid re-entering your billing information each time.
How We Ship Our Products
Our cheesemongers ship all orders, when required, with insulated liners and ice packs to ensure that your cheeses and other perishable goods stay cool and safe during transit. Glass items are wrapped in bubble pouches to protect them if they get jostled during transit.
Our packages are shipped without the requirement of a signature. Meaning that your package will be left at the specified address. We advise having the recipient available to receive your cheeses as they are a perishable items.
How Will My Cheese Look & Smell When It Arrives?
Cheese is a delicate perishable product that comes in many different varieties, forms, textures, flavors, and aromas. It is typical for your package to have a strong cheese aroma when it arrives which should dissipate once your package is opened. Cheese produces ammonia as a byproduct during the aging process and even shipping overnight can amplify that and other aromas.
Ordering Perishable Products
We are excited to share our cheeses with you, to that end when ordering perishable products through the mail, there are a couple of things to keep in mind.
If you are shipping perishable products, and you choose to ship 2-day, we will select firmer, shelf stable, more aged cheeses that travel well. If your heart is set on softer, stinkier, or blue cheeses, we require shipping standard overnight. During warmer months (June-September) we require shipping all products via standard overnight.
All sales are final. However, if you are dissatisfied with your order please contact the shop at (718) 395-3080 or email email@example.com and we will do our best to try and assist you.
One last note…
Please note, it is important to remember that we are not responsible for the following situations:
- Foul, rough, severe weather and/or “acts of god” (earthquakes, tsunamis, global pandemic, etc.). We will do our best to work with the courier but we cannot guarantee replacement or lost or damaged items.
- Incorrect shipping address/es supplied by purchaser.
- Unopened shipments. Our boxes are clearly labeled “Perishable,” and while product is packed securely with ice packs, any dairy product must be refrigerated upon receipt.
- No available recipient. Please make sure that someone will be able to receive the delivery in a timely manner. Providing the recipient’s phone number is always helpful.
|Date that the Order is Placed||SUN||MON||TUE||WED||THU||FRI||SAT||SUN||MON||TUE||WED|
|OVRNGHT:||Date received if overnight shipping selected.|
|2DAY:||Date received if 2-day shipping selected.|
|SAT:||Date received if Saturday delivery selected (additional charges will apply).|
|MH/BK:||Earliest date received if Manhattan or Brooklyn delivery is selected (additional charges will apply).|
|PKU:||Earliest date available if in-shop pick up is selected.|
- Bedford Cheese Shop cannot guarantee actual arrival dates; quoted dates are based on UPS estimations.
- Bedford Cheese Shop requires overnight shipping during warm weather months as noted above.
- If you are in immediate need of a platter, gift basket, etc. Please call the shop at 718-395-3080 and we will do our best to assist you, but we cannot guarantee accommodation.